Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Alpha



So, here I am finally starting my very first blog. Woo-hoo!!! What an appropriate time to do so as well... new life, new home, new man (!)... and everything seems to be going in the right direction this time. But, then again, it all is still "new", so I guess we'll see how long the good vibes last...

Here's a picture of the new me (looks awfully like the old me, only that's a genuine smile on my face...not forced or faked in any way) with Jon on Bourbon Street. We just returned from New Orleans. It was a trip of closing doors and opening new ones for us both. He has finally closed the last door that connected him to his past life that he has miraculously survived. Maybe I'll elaborate on that one day... but perhaps maybe not.
I am definately feeling lighter this week, now that everything pretty much is caught up from my big move (maybe one day i'll elaborate on that one as well). No more orders to send out, no more phone calls to make, no more emails to send... the only thing left now are all the wonderful photos from the
Wilderness Jam. I'm excited to finally be getting a semi-office back in order next weekend with the addition of my computer, so I can finally edit photos in the privacy of my own home.... the college's computer labs were really starting to frustrate me...but don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that they are there for us to use. I just never expected to have to rely on them as much as I have these last few months.
So, to keep things going on a positive note, as soon as the Jam's pix are complete, I am going to start working on the bridal shows that are going to supply me with most of my wedding business next year. I've signed up for the
Blue Ridge Bridal Showcase, which broke my bank for Christmas, but it's definitely a very important one to be in. I was so relieved to hear that Encore is having it on a Sunday this year. I wanted to participate last year, but for some reason it was scheduled on a Saturday... and the week of Valentine's Day at that... and weddings are on Saturdays...the busiest wedding days in winter are the two surrounding Valentine's... so if you're a wedding professional that has to be directly involved on the wedding day (which definately includes photographers!), then you were out of luck unless you had a staff to appear at the show for you...and i really like to be at the shows myself to meet the brides&grooms-to-be. I'll update my progress as it happens.
I've posted pictures from the New Orleans trip up on my
New Orleans Page. Don't yell at me for having no pix of Bourbon Street at night... I only brought one camera with me and I didn't want to risk some drunk college kid spilling their high-octane Hurricane on it!
I have a very busy day ahead, so I must be off to update my planner now (I know, it should have been done BEFORE I started the blog...oh well!).
~Lori

No comments: